Our Philosophy: The Foundation supports programs that not only create opportunities and challenges for children to learn and practice leadership skills, but also build leadership character in youth. The ultimate goal of every Foundation grant dollar is to empower young people to make the right life choices.
Jack and Jill of America Foundation, Inc. believes that leaders are made, not born. Since building tomorrow’s leaders is at the core of the Foundation’s activities, we have developed a five-point strategy for achieving this goal. This strategy, along with the community service agenda, sets the framework upon which the Foundation’s grant making rests. Programs the Foundation funds must embrace at least one of the following five points:
1. Seek to foster the building of character within children.
2. Aim to instill cultural consciousness and intellectual, moral, practical and emotional responsibility in children.
3. Cultivate and promote projects that provide children with the opportunities and challenges to learn about leadership.
4. Target Foundation resources toward grant proposals that emphasize listening, learning, thinking and problem-solving.
5. Design, implement and support programs that provide leadership training for children.